Saturday 9 March 2013

Sawfish by Squidgy


It was good to see the East Alligator in flood, even if it makes my usual techniques for fishing Cahills Crossing quite useless.  After a few casts with larger hardbodies and heavier jigheads with only a single knock from a fish, I called it quits to return to Magela creek for a few tarpon.  But then I saw something in the shallows.  Casting at it, it swung its toothy head frantically from left to right. Within a second it had its mouth over the lure.  Somehow it failed to hook up.  But second cast with the squidgy, the prey followed the slow retrieve, swung at it again, and I was solidly hooked up to...
A sawfish.  I had to hold it's saw-snout down with a gentle but firm shoe to unhook the odd creature, which was promptly released.  So now I've caught an eagle ray and a sawfish on soft plastics!

No comments:

Post a Comment